Lists, more lists, and lists for the lists
Here's our first list:
- Get rid of stuff
- Stop buying stuff
- Sell the house
- Sell the scooter :(
- Get out of all debt
- Buy a boat
- Alexa takes a leave of absence
- What do we do with the traeger?
- Rent a storage shed?
- Get boat bikes?
- Do all Dr. appointments, procedures etc
- withdraw kids from school
- Enroll kids in an online program? Or not?
- Pat change base to LA?
- Work on the boat/Prep for the trip
- Provision the boat
- Taxes, property issues
- How do we get mail?
- Lex - take a boating class
- Lex - tutor/teach online?
- Find a marina in Mexico or ?
- Logistics of living outside the US
Glad to say, we've figured out nearly all of our first lists. Then we went to the boat show a few months ago and had to make another list. What we needed to get, who we needed to talk to etc.
Boat Show List
- Find a boating class for lex
- Snuba, dive suits, mask, fins
- Scuba gear
- Stern tie flat rope
- Attend workshops
- Iridium go
- Get the life raft serviced?
- Find a mail service?
- 5 Marine locks
- Giant bag for rope
- Canvas for interior & shades
- Media center plan
We're almost done with that list. Then there is a list of items that other cruisers have said are 'must-get' items:
- bocce ball
- beach umbrella
- lycra dive suit
- reflective tape to put on boat so you can find it at night
- soft sided cooler
- quick-dry clothes and towels
- tupperware in a carrying case for all of the potlucks
- travel cups for dingy rides
- Stugeron for motion sickness
- Boat business cards & binder to hold the ones we get
- Giveaways (pens, tshirts, cheap glasses, books, dvds etc)
We're working on the must-get items now.
We've just recently made a list of 'To do immediately' things, now that we're down to 4 months left.
- Get the boat hauled out (May) & painted
- Learn to work the water maker (fix it if it doesn't work)
- Scan all important documents
- Clean out the pantry/stock it
- Pat-Change oil
- Get new driver's licenses
- Set up mail service - close PO Box
- Smaller storage shed
- Visit dr. for cruising meds
- Inventory spare parts list
- Plan & practice emergency drills
- Plan route/schedule
- Get cruiser's insurance
- Sell 1 car - get the other to LA
- Gilligan to vet - get updated records
- Set up media center (11 TB of movies, music & TV onto a hard drive)
- Lex - Clean out classroom
- Plan a goodbye party
- Final Dr., dentist, eye dr., ortho, etc appts
Sell the house Get out of debt Buy a cruising boat
- Leave on an adventure of a lifetime
|One of the original lists|